Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finally, a pay check!

A couple weeks ago my friend and I signed up with Central Casting. I had been wanting to for years and figured now, before school starts up again, is the perfect time to pursue it.

It took me a few days to work up the courage to call the line to see what they were looking for (yes, unfortunately my extreme fear of new things makes me an absolute chicken!) and another day or so after that to finally call in for a description I fit. Yesterday I called in repeatedly for over 3 and 1/2 hours but to no avail. :(

Today I tired again and after an hour of calling with my home AND cell phone (yes, at the same time; I heard a phantom busy signal for over an hour after being off the phones! haha), I booked my first background acting job! Yeehaw! It's for Heroes which is awesome because I really want to work on all my favorite shows. Heroes hasn't made me the biggest fan, but I do watch it regularly hoping the story lines will improve. My two days of working will be so much cooler because I'll be trying to figure out the plot the whole time. :)

Anyway, I'll definitely blog a play-by-play this weekend so that anyone who is curious about the process (like I am! I want to know what's going to happen! Yikes!) can read up and get the details. Wish me luck!! I'M TERRIFIED, but definitely excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment