Sunday, November 8, 2009

Magazine Junkie

Like many girls out there, I have a thing for magazines. I love the glossy pictures, the [nearly always unattainable] hair and makeup tips, the samples and coupons. . . mm. My trouble is I never have the heart to throw them away. I have a couple years each of Allure, seventeen, YM with a few scatterings of other random issues along the way. They're stacked in various spots in my room, but needless to say, they aren't actually getting much use. I don't even have the courage to use them for art projects. There's just something wrong about tearing out a page or cutting out a picture. I'm in quite the predicament because I've just ordered a two-year subscription to Marie Claire (from Amazon for only $5!!!! That's 21 cents an issue!) and it's occurred to me I have no idea where I'm going to put another 24 magazines. Ahh!



Any ideas of how to painlessly lessen my clutter? I know they can be donated to thrift stores, but that doesn't seem a dignified enough end for the beauties. What to do, what to do . . .


P.S. I just came across this sad reality faced by many magazines of late. These are some of the last days of Gourmet as documented by an employee.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you! I hate tossing magazines or tearing them up. I guess I need to go through my collection soon though. There's way too many taking up my space.
    Oh I was thinking of getting a Marie Claire subscription too.. Which would only be possible if I cleared out some of my old mags. Ha
    We should try to come up with some projects out of old magazines ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete